You may have seen me post homemade treats and quick, healthy fixes on instagram, but there’s not much room to elaborate about directions and details in such a small square space. So, I invite you to indulge in these quick recipes to take back your beach body after (over)indulging this holiday season. Enjoy!
- 1 Corn Tortilla. I like to use Mission yellow corn tortillas. (As an added plus for all you gluten-free folks, they’re right up your alley.)
- Sprinkle of reduced fat cheese. (Sargento is my fave.)
- 1/2 cup fresh cut veggies. (I recommend red and yellow bell peppers, spinach, and green onions.)
- 2 slices of turkey bacon. (Trader Joe’s is mmm mmm good!)
- First, follow directions to cook your turkey bacon, (most likely heat up in the frying pan) cut in thin slices, and set to the side.
- Use the same pan to cook your veggies. The leftover flavor of the bacon infuses the veggies, and tastes divine!
- Cut all your veggies into little cubes, combine them and throw in the pan, cooking a few minutes until they’re ready. Again, set to the side.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese directly onto the pan and immediately after, place your corn tortilla on top of it. Add the bacon, veggies, and another sprinkle of cheese on top of your tortilla. Let it sizzle for approximately 1 minute, and you’ll have a golden crust (without a ton of oil) to achieve a delicious crunch with each bite.
- Add cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
*Hint: I also LOVE adding Trader Joe’s salsa verde on top to add a punch of flavor
Voila! You’ve got yourself a perfect serving of protein, fresh vegetables and carbohydrates to start your day with health on your side.
It’s all about taking the right steps toward health…no matter how small they are.